Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Beach Memories Shadow Box

Hello!

So, last August, my best friend and I went on a road trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C., let's just say we had quite a memorable trip! However, being the procrastinator that I am, I still hadn't done anything with the pictures, sand, and sea shells that we collected... until today! I thought it would make a great first project to do a shadow box of our road trip and would also be a great way to display the pretty sea shells that we collected! My best friend and I love to travel and I'm sure we will be taking many more trips, so I plan to do similar shadow boxes for each of our trips!

On to the project!

Supplies:
  • Shadow Box
  • Sand
  • Sea Shells
  • Spoon
  • Sharpie or Paint Pen (Optional)
Steps:

Take your shadow box and remove the backing. 









Take your sand and carefully spoon your sand into the shadow box until it is filled to your liking.




Add in your shells, it took quite a few to get the box full!










Replace the backing of your shadow box and secure it.









Carefully stand the shadow box to its upright position, so as not to disturb the layers of sand and sea shells. 



Optional: Write the destination and year on the shadow box with a sharpie or paint pen.





















Tada! Project done!!

I hope you enjoyed my first DIY Beach Memories Shadow Box! Come back next week for another new project!

Happy Crafting!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment